TO DOWNLOAD THE MP3, MP4, 3GP VIDEO THAT BROUGHT YOU TO THIS PAGE, CLICK IM@GE BELOW AND DOWNLOAD WILL START INSTANTLY
This initiative is part of the Government of Mauritius commitment to promote capacity-building at various levels across the African continent through its strong belief that Higher Education is one of the key elements of growth and social development. This is all in line with the Government of Mauritius respect and upholding of Goal 4 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a target of which is to substantially expand globally the number of scholarships available to developing countries by 2020.
Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Eligibility.
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached
their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes,
applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or
PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants)
for academic year starting in 2020.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course
duration whichever is lesser.
Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Benefits.
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.